Ram Business Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

+11
dwalters
T Schultz
Alicia Adams
ahodge
ajolly
mrpipher
Tsouthers
mhicks
QMetje
epipher
Admin
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

Post  ajolly Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:22 pm

even though the twitter is free...it is something i havent heard of until now. im not sure if it will ever be big, but time will tell
ajolly
ajolly

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal - Page 2 Empty Twitter is more convienent and cheaper.

Post  Jairus Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Twitter is definetly easier to use. Now I do not use twitter, because I believe it sours your appearance towards other people. For instance, when you keep in touch with someone everyday, see pictures of them everyday, and find out what they are up to everyday; then that definetly gets old after a while (at least to me). However, if you run into somebody in public somewhere that you haven't seen in a while (Oh lets say a couple of years) then you find yourself much more excited about seeing that person. Now the point that I'm trying to make is that it's cool to use twitter if thats your thing, but personally I think you have to draw a fine line between putting it to good use and taking advantage of it.

Jairus

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

Post  Jairus Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:49 pm

mhicks wrote:
dwalters wrote:
And if I was a stalker, I could do more work with a fast internet connection, myspace, and a QWERTY keyboard. Twitter just can't compare with that.

I second that!

Good Point

Jairus

Back to top Go down

Post  cprichard Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Myspace rules, twitter droolz.
I don't have a twitter account and never ever, ever will because they are just trying to steal peepz from myspace.
I think it is rising in popularity because people have no lives. pirat
Sites like this are popular because you can keep in touch with friends that you normally wouldn't.
What kind of name is Twitter, anyway?
Basketball pig elephant afro flower

cprichard

Back to top Go down

Post  cprichard Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Alicia Adams wrote:Today's society is becoming more centered around technology and the ability to stay in communication with one another. Servers like Twitter, MySpace, and all the other types of communication sites just make it easier.

Personally I don't use the MySpace account I have very much. I prefer talking face to face.

Amen sister!

cprichard

Back to top Go down

Post  QMetje Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm

epipher wrote:
dwalters wrote:

epipher wrote: and how much more convienent could it be to find out what people are up to than by using your cell phone? Also, it is easy advertising for businesses...... And to top it off, it's FREE!

even though twitter is free, internet access on cellphones isn't.
If one really cares about what their "friends" are up to, then they might call or text them - everyone already knows how to do that. Twitter's relatively new, and it might be hard for "everyone" to learn how to use it.

And if I was a stalker, I could do more work with a fast internet connection, myspace, and a QWERTY keyboard. Twitter just can't compare with that.

Lol, good point, Darwin. Also, you sound like an expert in stalking...... Lol, jk jk lol!
i lol'd
QMetje
QMetje

http://www.4chan.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2