Ram Business Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

+18
NDuncan
DBronson
Rbarnfield
JMcKelvy
bbeel
CBurge
JMarks
jswitzer
JThomas
JHerman
Drector
JoshHall
kkbridgwater
Tsouthers
BRathe
wdang
hmoore
Admin
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

Post  Admin Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:33 am

This week's topic is Twitter. Please read the following article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122461906719455335.html#articleTabs%3Darticle

What has caused the Twitter craze? Are you using Twitter? Why or why not? Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? Why or why not?

Admin
Admin

https://rambusiness.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Re: Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

Post  hmoore Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:07 pm

What has caused the Twitter craze? Are you using Twitter? Why or why not? Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? Why or why not?

People are able to post anything they want on the website, and i think that people like that they can do that. No, i am not using Twitter. I don't use it honestly because i didn't even know it exsited. Yeah, i think just like Myspace it will get very popular and then after awhile no one will use it and it will die out.

hmoore

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Re: Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

Post  wdang Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:09 pm

People are able to write down anything they want. Like doctors can use it for patient informations. Buisness owner people can use it for buisness. No, I am not using Twitter, because I have never heard of it. No, because hardly anybody knows about it and it's not fun to many people.

Last edited by wdang on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
wdang
wdang

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty I R a Jeanous!!!

Post  BRathe Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Twitter was made by people on computers! And i answer no to all the other questions.
BRathe
BRathe

http://www.4chan.org

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Twitter is a FAD

Post  Tsouthers Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:21 am

Twitter, much like Myspace, Facebook, and Xanga, is a fad (popular now, but will eventually become overrated). Many will be excited about the arrival of this new form of networking, but after a while it will "twitter" down to only a few as compared to the amount of people involved in it now.....(p.s.... pun intended Smile )

Tsouthers

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty What has caused the Twitter craze? Are you using Twitter? Why or why not? Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? Why or why not?

Post  kkbridgwater Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Technology caused it..but to tell you the truth no one has this so its not really a craze i my eyes. I disagree with it. I dont use twitter its LAME! Twitter is not popular i dont know of anyone that has it im on the computer everyday and still never herd of it... twitter is LAME!
kkbridgwater
kkbridgwater

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Response

Post  JoshHall Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:25 pm

Technology caused it. Its not really a craze since noone has used it, i dont use it either.

JoshHall

Back to top Go down

Post  Drector Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:00 pm

I dont use twitter. I believe all websites used for the same perpous of twitter are useless and a waiste of time. They cause drama and eventualy become so over popular and in controll that they think they can change the way americans think by brainwashing them, telling them whats cool whats good whats hot whats not..etc... The popluarity of twitter will most likely continue.
Drector
Drector

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Twitter

Post  JHerman Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:09 pm

I haven't had any experiences with Twitter yet, and I don't have any specific plans to do so in the near future. It's another craze spun off of the already massive social networks such as, perhaps, MySpace and Youtube. At this juncture, it is really hard to say whether or not it will be able to retain its popularity. It may just be a fad (as previously mentioned by another user) and it may be the next big thing, but we're not to the juncture where we can make any solid statements yet. Only time will tell. I'm sure there were people who thought that perhaps cellphones were a fad when they came out or even the internet. So, to concisely state my opinion, I believe that this could grow more popular due to everyone's social desires, but don't hold your breath because it could after all just be a fad.

JHerman

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

Post  JThomas Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:10 pm

I've never heard of it, but its just another Myspace (or wanna be Myspace). Its not like we need anymore of them. Shocked No, I don't use it and I probaby never will. People made it just to find away to make a quick buck with ads and sponsers, or they were bored.
JThomas
JThomas

Back to top Go down

Post  jswitzer Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Technology has caused it. I have never seen it before so, I do not think it is a craze. I don't use it either.

jswitzer

Back to top Go down

Post  hmoore Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:22 pm

I agree with "Tsouthers." Twitter is popular now, but it's only a matter of time until it gets overrated and no one uses it anymore.

hmoore

Back to top Go down

Post  JMarks Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:17 pm

Well, it's not necessarily a "Twitter craze." I've never heard of it, and from what I've read not many others have either (from our Computer Programming class anyways.) Since I haven't heard of it.. Obviously I am not using it. I'm not using it because it's just another social network to meet people and stuff, and I'm not really interested in meeting people online. It might be fun if more people used it that I knew, but so far I know no one that uses it. Popularity wise I think that Twitter will grow more as long as their current users are active and what not. The reason it will grow mainly being that all social networking sites are usually successful if they have enough effort put into them. A great example of this would be Myspace or Facebook, they are both very popular social networking websites.

JMarks

Back to top Go down

Post  CBurge Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:33 am

What has caused the Twitter craze? You are able to type ANYTHING you want. It's good advertising. It could also be used as a business place in a way.

Are you using Twitter? I am not using Twitter.
Why or why not? I'm not using Twitter because i loathe online forums, if i wanna talk to someone or answer a question, i'd just as soon walk up to them , or write it down.

Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? probably not. It's apparent that not very people
Why or why not? know of twitter.

CBurge

Back to top Go down

Post  bbeel Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:30 pm

Admin wrote:This week's topic is Twitter. Please read the following article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122461906719455335.html#articleTabs%3Darticle

Well, it is not exactly a craze. But technology started it. No, I am not using Twitter. Yeah, I think it will continue. Because other websites like this start out small and they grow. Just like Myspace™.
bbeel
bbeel

Back to top Go down

Post  bbeel Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:53 pm

hmoore wrote:What has caused the Twitter craze? Are you using Twitter? Why or why not? Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? Why or why not?

People are able to post anything they want on the website, and i think that people like that they can do that. No, i am not using Twitter. I don't use it honestly because i didn't even know it exsited. Yeah, i think just like Myspace it will get very popular and then after awhile no one will use it and it will die out.

RE: Yeah people probably do like that hey can post anything. I never knew it existed either. I agree, it will get popular just like Myspace and all that good stuff.
bbeel
bbeel

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Twitter Craze

Post  JMcKelvy Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:59 pm

Twitter is becoming popular because it is easy to use as a social network and for business purposes. i dont use it because i dont have time for social networking on the computer and i didnt know about it. it will probably get more popular as more people find out about it.

JMcKelvy

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Twitter Craze

Post  Rbarnfield Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Many people have started social networking with MySpace. Then Facebook was introduced. Some MySpace users decided to make a Facebook account. I think that having several social networking websites is extremely stupid. MySpace was pretty much the first to become popular. It is pointless to have Twitter because most people already have MySpace.

Rbarnfield

Back to top Go down

Post  DBronson Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:59 pm

twitter was created by technology. i have not heard of twitter but heard it was like a myspace. i dont use twitter and probobly never use it.

DBronson

Back to top Go down

Post  NDuncan Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm

No I am not using Twitter because I have never heard of it. twitter was created by technology. Its a stupid myspace.... clown
NDuncan
NDuncan

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Twitter Goes Mainstream

Post  Drightnowar Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 pm

The twitter isnt very good. I just went and tried it and i think that is a lame attempt to be as popular as facebook or myspace. I dont think that its worth anyones time to be honest. So, the twitter is quite lame.

Drightnowar

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty SUNK -IT

Post  spatel Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:56 pm

so many people use it. no i am not using twitter, because it take up too much of my time. yes i think Twitter will continue, because so many peopel love it and stay on it for long time.

spatel

Back to top Go down

Post  wdang Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:17 pm

Tsouthers wrote:Twitter, much like Myspace, Facebook, and Xanga, is a fad (popular now, but will eventually become overrated). Many will be excited about the arrival of this new form of networking, but after a while it will "twitter" down to only a few as compared to the amount of people involved in it now.....(p.s.... pun intended Smile )

Yeah, eventually it gets boring and lose it's popularity. I've never even heard of twitter and it seems like theres nothing interesting on it. So I won't be using it.
wdang
wdang

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty *$.:NEW YORK:.$* on the twitter fad.

Post  bmaclin Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:27 pm

Actually im not even sure if there is a "Twitter Craze".Im not using Twitter, before today i've never even heard of Twitter, but hey if myspace and youtube can become popular why can't Twitter.Yea sure i think the site may still be used, because everybody has to do something.

bmaclin

Back to top Go down

Post  lshaw Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:39 pm

I don't feel that there is a twitter craze, but that could just be me. I personally don't use twitter i have never even heard of it. The site may be popular in the future but I don't think that it will become popular soon.

lshaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next