Ram Business Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

+11
dwalters
T Schultz
Alicia Adams
ahodge
ajolly
mrpipher
Tsouthers
mhicks
QMetje
epipher
Admin
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

Post  Admin Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:32 am

This week's topic is Twitter. Please read the following article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122461906719455335.html#articleTabs%3Darticle

What has caused the Twitter craze? Are you using Twitter? Why or why not? Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? Why or why not?

Admin
Admin

https://rambusiness.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Re: Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

Post  epipher Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:42 am

i think that the twitter craze, as wel as the myspace craze, facebook craze, and myyearbook craze, are due to an increase in technology...... People are finding it easier to do these things and it is easy to stay in touch this way. As for it staying popular, well, I personally, think it will. People are all about things being easy and covienent, and how much more convienent could it be to find out what people are up to than by using your cell phone? Also, it is easy advertising for businesses...... And to top it off, it's FREE!

I am not using Twitter at the moment, but only because I already have myspace and facebook accounts, and i have trouble remembering to check even those.

epipher

http://www.myspace.com/paigerpip

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Re: Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal

Post  QMetje Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:43 am

epipher wrote:i think that the twitter craze, as wel as the myspace craze, facebook craze, and myyearbook craze, are due to an increase in technology...... People are finding it easier to do these things and it is easy to stay in touch this way. As for it staying popular, well, I personally, think it will. People are all about things being easy and covienent, and how much more convienent could it be to find out what people are up to than by using your cell phone? Also, it is easy advertising for businesses...... And to top it off, it's FREE!

I am not using Twitter at the moment, but only because I already have myspace and facebook accounts, and i have trouble remembering to check even those.
is it like an example? because i get it now that u posted that
QMetje
QMetje

http://www.4chan.org

Back to top Go down

Post  mhicks Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:47 am

epipher wrote:i think that the twitter craze, as wel as the myspace craze, facebook craze, and myyearbook craze, are due to an increase in technology...... People are finding it easier to do these things and it is easy to stay in touch this way. As for it staying popular, well, I personally, think it will. People are all about things being easy and covienent, and how much more convienent could it be to find out what people are up to than by using your cell phone? Also, it is easy advertising for businesses...... And to top it off, it's FREE!

Yeah, I agree... I think the reason Myspace got big was because it's an easy way to connect with everyone very easily and free... It also helps people get into technology and stuff. Cool
mhicks
mhicks

Back to top Go down

Post  epipher Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:47 am

QMetje wrote:

is it like an example? because i get it now that u posted that

What do you mean?

epipher

Back to top Go down

Post  QMetje Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:49 am

like u givein a example of how u want us to word it u know?
QMetje
QMetje

Back to top Go down

Post  epipher Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:53 am

QMetje wrote:like u givein a example of how u want us to word it u know?

Nahhh...... you can word it however...... it's just my opinion.......This is Paige, not Mr. Pipher.....

epipher

Back to top Go down

Post  QMetje Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:55 am

ohhhhh lawl ok
QMetje
QMetje

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty it's a fad

Post  Tsouthers Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Paige is right..... it's a fad and even though it may stay popular over a long period of time.....it will still be a fad and a one that draws people only to get them addicted to it

Tsouthers

Back to top Go down

Post  QMetje Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 pm

yea but it can be like myspace and be a fad forever u know like things just dont die out that quick unless u have noone on it u know?
QMetje
QMetje

Back to top Go down

Post  mrpipher Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:41 pm

QMetje wrote:like u givein a example of how u want us to word it u know?

You can write it the way you want. Just make sure to answer the questions. Creativity is awesome.

mrpipher

Back to top Go down

Post  ajolly Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:30 am

I personally do not think that Twitter will ever be as big as Myspace or Facebook. What is the point of getting a new website to communicate on in the exact same way as 2 or 3 other ones that you would use? Not only will it be the exact same form of communication, but chances are the exact same people will be on your friends list.
ajolly
ajolly

Back to top Go down

Post  ahodge Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:07 pm

What has caused the Twitter craze? Technology and it resembles myspace/facebook its just a way to keep in touch with old friends and a way to make new ones.

Are you using Twitter? No. I had no idea what twitter was until i read about it today.

Why or why not? I already have a facebook and a myspace thats enough for me.

Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? Maybe it will get bigger and more people will know about it but i dont know anyone who does have it.

Why or why not? No one knows about it yet.
ahodge
ahodge

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Empty Tech Fad

Post  Alicia Adams Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:25 am

Today's society is becoming more centered around technology and the ability to stay in communication with one another. Servers like Twitter, MySpace, and all the other types of communication sites just make it easier.

Personally I don't use the MySpace account I have very much. I prefer talking face to face.

Alicia Adams

Back to top Go down

Post  T Schultz Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:55 pm

I personally do not think it as popular as they seem to make it out to be. I am on the internet everyday on myspace and myyearbook. I had never even heard of Twitter up until this point. I personally don't think it will ever make it really popular like myspace is. Since i hadn't heard of it, Obviously i am not using it.

T Schultz

Back to top Go down

Post  dwalters Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:44 pm

I don't know about any "twitter craze", but I think that free communication services like twitter and myspace have grown popular because :

a. they are "convenient" and "quick" ways of talking to people (they're really neither. I've met people that spend hours on myspace).
b. they are excuses to pass/waste time (examples: "I'm just going to check for updates ONE more time" or "I need to update my profile!"
c. you really want to stalk that girl in your 4th hour class
d. all of the above - if one can waste time by meeting strangers and figuring out where that girl REALLY lives, good for them.

I don't really have room to talk, though. I've wasted tons of time on myspace and facebook (still no twitter).

If we're talking about these communication services as a whole, then they will remain popular. Can't really say the same thing for twitter:

epipher wrote: and how much more convienent could it be to find out what people are up to than by using your cell phone? Also, it is easy advertising for businesses...... And to top it off, it's FREE!

even though twitter is free, internet access on cellphones isn't.
If one really cares about what their "friends" are up to, then they might call or text them - everyone already knows how to do that. Twitter's relatively new, and it might be hard for "everyone" to learn how to use it.

And if I was a stalker, I could do more work with a fast internet connection, myspace, and a QWERTY keyboard. Twitter just can't compare with that.
dwalters
dwalters

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsouthers Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:18 pm

T Schultz wrote:I personally do not think it as popular as they seem to make it out to be. I am on the internet everyday on myspace and myyearbook. I had never even heard of Twitter up until this point. I personally don't think it will ever make it really popular like myspace is. Since i hadn't heard of it, Obviously i am not using it.

It may not seem popular, but you have to realize mt. vernon doesn't really compare to that of the entire world...just because something isn't popular/well known around here doesn't mean that it's not popular at all.

Try to have a more open mind/wider perspective What a Face

Tsouthers

Back to top Go down

Post  mhicks Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:38 pm

dwalters wrote:
And if I was a stalker, I could do more work with a fast internet connection, myspace, and a QWERTY keyboard. Twitter just can't compare with that.

I second that!
mhicks
mhicks

Back to top Go down

Post  epipher Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:41 pm

dwalters wrote:

epipher wrote: and how much more convienent could it be to find out what people are up to than by using your cell phone? Also, it is easy advertising for businesses...... And to top it off, it's FREE!

even though twitter is free, internet access on cellphones isn't.
If one really cares about what their "friends" are up to, then they might call or text them - everyone already knows how to do that. Twitter's relatively new, and it might be hard for "everyone" to learn how to use it.

Lol, good point, Darwin. Also, you sound like an expert in stalking...... Lol, jk jk lol!

epipher

Back to top Go down

Post  atalley Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:52 pm

What has caused the Twitter craze? Because myspace and facebook has become such a big deal this is just another new way to talk and keep up with new and old friends.

Are you using Twitter? No i am not using Twitter. i had no idea what it was until i just read about it.

Why or why not? I already have a facebook and a myspace i dont need 100 different things.

Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? it may get bigger and more people will use it but so far i dont no anyone who even has it.

atalley

Back to top Go down

Post  atalley Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:55 pm

ahodge wrote:What has caused the Twitter craze? Technology and it resembles myspace/facebook its just a way to keep in touch with old friends and a way to make new ones.

Are you using Twitter? No. I had no idea what twitter was until i read about it today.

Why or why not? I already have a facebook and a myspace thats enough for me.

Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? Maybe it will get bigger and more people will know about it but i dont know anyone who does have it.

i agree with ashley no one knows about it so thats why no one is using it. Idea

atalley

Back to top Go down

Post  dwalters Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:00 pm

perhaps it is popular in other places. But with smartphones coming out with e-mail and web-surfing capabillities, and (like all technology) getting cheaper, wouldn't twitter become unnecessary?

And I am an expert. I'm that 18 year-old cheerleader that everyone's added. joking, of course . . .
dwalters
dwalters

Back to top Go down

Post  ataaka Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:38 am

The 'Twitter craze' is probably caused by several things. First, it's free over the internet (assuming no cell phone access or any other extras) so anybody with an Internet connection can just decide to sign up and use it if they want to. Also, it's a relatively new way to meet people online. And with 'tweets' so limited in size, it's much faster and easier than, say, MySpace.
No, I do not use Twitter. I don't even use MySpace, I'm not much of a socialite.
The Twitter craze will probably continue for a long time. It may never be as big as MySpace, but I think people will be very interested in it, especailly when the news about it spreads around more. I'm reminded of the whole texting craze that's sweeping the nation right now. It seems like a backwards leap in technology, but it's become incredibly popular because of how fast and easy it is to text someone. (I personally don't text, either, I'm just saying!)
ataaka
ataaka

Back to top Go down

Post  ataaka Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:41 am

dwalters wrote:perhaps it is popular in other places. But with smartphones coming out with e-mail and web-surfing capabillities, and (like all technology) getting cheaper, wouldn't twitter become unnecessary?

You would think so, but look at text messaging. Preferring text over voice seems a little backwards technology-wise, but that doesn't mean people don't want to use it. Besides, all the new devices with web-surfing capabilities may just make Twitter easier to use!

dwalters wrote:And I am an expert. I'm that 18 year-old cheerleader that everyone's added. joking, of course . . .

Or are you? Dun dun duunnnn...
ataaka
ataaka

Back to top Go down

Post  dwalters Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:34 am

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wallstreet Journal Girl

the answer is yes
dwalters
dwalters

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next