Ram Business Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal

+16
achambliss
thill
cpayne
bamoore
MKorris
npatton
MPetties
cscarbrough
efox
ahogue
aholt
cferland
cgrove
bpayne1
mjones
Admin
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal Empty Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal

Post  Admin Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:48 am

This week's topic is Twitter. Please read the following article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122461906719455335.html#articleTabs%3Darticle

What has caused the Twitter craze? Are you using Twitter? Why or why not? Do you think the popularity of Twitter will continue? Why or why not?

Admin
Admin

https://rambusiness.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal Empty twitter

Post  mjones Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:49 pm

i do not agree

mjones

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal Empty TWITTER

Post  bpayne1 Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:55 pm

afro With people not having anough tie to do the things they need to in a day they use this so they can tell people where there at and what their doing fast when they are on the go. i do not use this site because this is the first time i have heard about it but i probably will not use it in the future because i have enough time on my hands. I feel that this will spread very quickly because people are always about doing things faster and the net really helps do that.- afro

bpayne1

Back to top Go down

Post  cgrove Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:04 pm

The reason this twitter website is such a craze is because, its so easy to use and easy to access.No I do not have an account.To me its alooott like myspace, basically.I do have a myspace account, so I would probaly not use twitter anyways.-cassie

cgrove

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal Empty Twitter

Post  cferland Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:12 pm

Twitter is very easy to use which makes it so popular. I don't have a Twitter account but it may be something I look into in the future because it is so easy to access. It seems like the Facebook and Myspace sites.

cferland

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal Empty Re: Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal

Post  cferland Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:14 pm

I agree with cassie. it seems very easy and i can see why it has become very popular.

cferland

Back to top Go down

Post  aholt Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Twitter is crazed because it is so popular and easy to use. It's used by people and businesses and can be used to get last minute messages across or talk about whatever. It is gaining poularity every day. I don't use Twitter because I've never heard of it and i don't have a computer right now. I think the popularity will continue because it's so easy to use and like i said it's gaining popularity every day.

aholt

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal Empty Reply

Post  aholt Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:32 pm

I agree with Cody it's popular, easy to use, and something I may look into in the future.

aholt

Back to top Go down

Post  ahogue Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Twitter is another way for friends to communicate and make new friends that's probably a main reason of the popularity of it. Being easy to use is a good thing too. I am not using Twitter, actually, I've never heard of it untill now. I think, like others have said, it's a lot like MySpace, which I already have. I don't see much sense in having Twitter if I already have MySpace. From the article it sort of sounds like one of the main uses is for advertising. So, maybe more companies will join Twitter. But if it's just company's joining Twitter than not much advertising is going to be done.

ahogue

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal Empty Twitter-reply

Post  ahogue Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:38 pm

mjones--don't agree with what??

ahogue

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal Empty Re: Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal

Post  efox Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:46 pm

I think everybody is joining this craze in one way or another because it is fast and easy to communicate with several people or companies at one time. I use a form of twitter in myspace by updating status and such. I wouldnt use twitter because I don't know anybody that does use it and would be rather pointless for me.
I do not know if the craze will continue because it could go either way. I suspect from how the article is written it will continue and get bigger and bigger.
efox
efox

Back to top Go down

Post  cscarbrough Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I agree with emma. I already have Myspace, so there's no point in joining twitter.

cscarbrough

Back to top Go down

Post  efox Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:48 pm

I agree with bpayne1 because everybody is trying to do everything faster and faster. Mostly because we make ourselves so busy we don't have time for every much.
efox
efox

Back to top Go down

Post  MPetties Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Twitter is basically like another myspace or facebook. But i think people will forget all about it sooner or later. But me i have no use for twitter because i have other stuff 2 do.

MPetties

Back to top Go down

Post  MPetties Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:56 pm

cgrove wrote:The reason this twitter website is such a craze is because, its so easy to use and easy to access.No I do not have an account.To me its alooott like myspace, basically.I do have a myspace account, so I would probaly not use twitter anyways.-cassie

I agree with grove i would probaly not use twitter anyways.

MPetties

Back to top Go down

Post  npatton Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:01 pm

I think the reason people are joining twitter is because it's a faster way to communicate. In my opinion it sounds like another myspace. I don't think twitter will last, there might be something better then twitter that'll come out, or they'll get tired of it. I don't think i would get an account, it's like having another myspace account, and i really don't have any time for it.

npatton

Back to top Go down

Post  MKorris Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:54 pm

I believe the easy usage of the site is causing it's popularity to surge. I am not using Twitter, as it's too similar to Facebook and Myspace, where I already have accounts. I do think the popularity of Twitter will continue, but only for a while. There's already quite a few sites similar to it on the web already, and people will probably lean towards using the more established site.

MKorris

Back to top Go down

Post  MKorris Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:55 pm

npatton wrote:I think the reason people are joining twitter is because it's a faster way to communicate. In my opinion it sounds like another myspace. I don't think twitter will last, there might be something better then twitter that'll come out, or they'll get tired of it. I don't think i would get an account, it's like having another myspace account, and i really don't have any time for it.

I agree with npatton. It's too similar to sites already out there to flourish.

MKorris

Back to top Go down

Post  bamoore Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:47 am

[b]I think why people are drawn to this type of technology is becasue of its fast, helpful, user friendly service. from what i read alot of people use it for their penefits. I think over time Twitter will gorw rapidly around the world. I personally do not use the Twitter. I never really heard of it until this article, i might do some research on it, im very must interested.

bamoore

Back to top Go down

Post  cpayne Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:47 am

[b]i think that twitter seems alot like other kinds of things like myspace,facebook,or like a way slower msn. I think its just whichever you want to use, because they all have pretty much the same concept. Im not saying that anyone is better than the others, but i use myspace just because i like that it's more personalized

cpayne

Back to top Go down

Twitter Goes Mainstream - Wall Street Journal Empty twwwiittterrrr.

Post  bamoore Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:53 am

Im agree with cgrove. I as well have a myspace account, so i really wouldnt want to get another. But props to the people who invented it, i could never. Smile --bamoore!

bamoore

Back to top Go down

Post  cpayne Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:54 am

[b] I think that people want the newest, most advanced technology. So I believe that Twitter, being the new thing will take off. Smile There are alot of people out there that are always on the computer and have accounts on every single thing they find. So these are even more people that will discover it and see how good it is.

cpayne

Back to top Go down

Post  thill Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:07 pm

i think twitter has gained popularity because people in nature are social and when the opportunity to socialize easily pops up, people are going to jump on it. in my opinion a site like twitter will in the next few years soar in popularity

thill

Back to top Go down

Post  achambliss Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:50 pm

I think the reason that Twitter has became so popular, is because everybody is trying to get everything done fast. No one likes to wait for anything anymore. The American society is quite lazy. No, I do not use Twitter. I already have MySpace and Facebook, and sometimes, I don't even want one. I don't think this Twitter craze will last long. One, because, in a couple of months, someone else is going to come up with something better. Smile

achambliss

Back to top Go down

Post  achambliss Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:52 pm

MPetties wrote:Twitter is basically like another myspace or facebook. But i think people will forget all about it sooner or later. But me i have no use for twitter because i have other stuff 2 do.
I agree with MPetties. There are so many different sites on the interent that as just about the same. MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, Twitter, etc. There are jsut way to many.

achambliss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next